Thursday, June 26, 2008

I'm Leaving On A Jet (Blue) Plane...

So, tonight I leave for a long weekend. I get to see an old mission companion (and great friend), who lives in the Raleigh area. I am just so excited to see this girl. Rachel has been out to the Bay Area to see me, but I haven't seen her in probably about a year and a half. We spent 6 or 7 months together as companions, and had such a great time. Some of my fondest Portugal memories are with this girl. She also has this great, quirky sense of humor - we tend to find the same things extremely funny - that keeps me with tears in my eyes. I can't wait to see this friend.

Also to note is that this is my first time away from Stella. Little Miss will be two next month, and not only am I leaving her overnight, I am leaving for three nights, and all the way to the other coast. Hopefully Rachel can help to keep me distracted enough so that I won't be tempted to call every hour. Of course I will miss Glenn like crazy, as well. But, this will be a much needed little vacation for me, and I intend to enjoy it as much as possible.



Thanks to my wonderful (and favorite) brother-in-law Scotty (Glenn and I both have a brother named Scotty) for helping to make this trip possible. I love you!

This is me getting ready to head to the airport and off on my weekend getaway! (Pic to follow)

No comments: