Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Giggle Fits

Earlier tonight, during my first attempt to rock and sing with Stella, she kept saying "Happa Tay Tay". I asked, "Do you want to sing Happy Birthday?" "Okay!" she responds. I have to confess that upon hearing "Happa Tay Tay", I immediately thought of Eddie Murphy doing his Buckwheat impression. If any of you recall the movie 'Dumbo' you will remember that the stork who delivers Dumbo embellishes the ending. Stella has picked this up and so now sings "Happa Tay Tay" inserting about a dozen extra notes at the end (Happa Tay Tay to you-oooooooo).

My 17 year old brother is out for the summer, and Stella is just in love. She and Zack have such a good time together. Stella has a great sense of humor, and Zack is great at 'playing along'. We play many games at our place. By 'games' I mean that we find many things funny. One of which is to steal one anothers seat when it becomes momentarily vacant. Stella has picked up on this, and just loves to steal anyones seat, who gets up from the couch. She is especially into stealing Zack's seat. Stella has some ninja skills, where this is concerned. She will take something that Zack is holding, run into the kitchen and throw it, so that Zack will get up out of his seat, giving Stella just enough time to run back to the couch and declare "That's MY seat!". This is followed by some of the loudest (and cutest) laughter that I have heard from the girl. Stella should be in bed right now, but we are currently using her for entertainment. This seat stealing game, had the four of us laughing our heads off a few moments ago. Perhaps you had to be here, but it was just so funny! I am still wiping tears from my eyes, right now.

No comments: