Wednesday, September 23, 2009

More Stella...

The other morning, I was sitting on the couch folding laundry. Stella was picking through her freshly folded pile of clothes trying to decide what to wear for the day. When I suggested something light and cool, she pulls her favorite pair of bottoms out of her pile and says, "Mom, I think I want to wear these bad boys today".
Later on that day, she was sitting on the potty singing, and twirling her hair, when I came in and started a bath for her. A minute or so after I left, she called me back in there and said, "Mom, can you turn off that bad boy? I don't want to take a bath today."
I guess we know which of our slang is rubbing off on the girl. Pretty cute.

Last weekend, we went to AT&T park to watch Il Trovatore (sp?). As we were getting the stroller and bag out of the back of the car, Glenn called Stella over in a very concerned voice. "What is it, Dad? Are you OK?" Glenn pointed to a leg sticking out of the trunk of the car parked next to us. Stella's eyes got real big and she slowly backed away from it to hide behind my legs. Of course Glenn tried to take it a little further by walking over, grabbing the bare foot and asking Stella if she would like to tickle it. This only frightened Stella more. I asked Glenn to calm her fears while I went to grab my jacket out of our car. I don't know what Glenn said to Stella but when I got back to where the leg was, Stella was kicking it and giggling. Though Glenn and I LOVED the music, the fake leg was the highlight for Stella.

P.S. Stella's eyes close when she laughs. I love that.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Tammy, I can totally hear you saying "bad boy" in reference to a variety of things. At least she didn't say "Holy Crap!" like Conner did the other day after school - I guess I should be glad Conner did not come home from school saying something worse.

Laura said...

I'm so glad you posted this bad boy...it made me laugh out loud.

Jordan and Chandra Smith said...

hey Tami and Glen! We want to keep looking at your blog. Our address is jcsmith816@gmail.com.