Sunday, May 20, 2012

Sunday, Sunday. Sharks. And Other Things.

We go to church most Sundays.  Church is three hours.  Three hours can be a long time.  Three hours can be a VERY long time with a restless toddler.  Stella is so great about sitting quietly, most of the time. She is five, so she certainly has her moments, but, generally speaking, she is well behaved.  I have often heard myself refer to Ruby as a handful, but, really, she just keeps us on our toes.  We are constantly on high alert with this little one.    She is very curious, and just likes to go, go, go.  The entirety of Sacrament meeting consists of Ruby climbing all over me and Glenn, occasionally taking breaks to flirt with the little old ladies sitting right behind us.  Oh, and once in a while she will really harass Stella.  Generally, Glenn and I can never keep a straight face through this last meeting.  I wonder what our little bench looks like to an outsider.
Stella, meanwhile is obsessed with sharks.  She recently got a shark book, and when she is not actively reading said book, she is comparing the sharks to try and figure out which shark has the most advantage in the water, or which one she would most like to be.  I remember when Stella really wanted to be a pink pony when she grew up.  Her best friend Jake wanted to be a police dog.  Those two were quite the pair.
It won't be long before I really miss these days, despite the seeming constant chaos, and serious lack of sleep.  Until then, I will eat up every minute of it.  These two are my loves.  They are my reason for getting up every day.  They remind me what it is to fall in love over and over again.  And they are proof that there is more to this life than a mere temporal existence.  They have their own individual, spectacular personalities, that I never thought I could love so very much.
This Friday Glenn and I will celebrate 10 years of marriage.  I married my very best friend.  I married the sweetest husband and father on the planet.  I love this man more than anything in the world.  I cannot imagine my life without him.  And I will always love him for giving me Stella and Ruby.

2 comments:

Kenny said...

This is such a sweet post! I do have to say that I really feel for your sleep situation. At least you know that you are not alone and that yours is not the only baby that doesn't sleep! When I come to Utah this summer we can meet up--I'll watch your kids while you nap!!

Jenny said...

Happy Anniversary! And Happy Stella and Ruby time. ;) We all miss you guys.

Hugs!