Friday, February 19, 2010

Getting Healthy

One of our many New Year’s Resolutions has been to get back to our healthy lifestyle that has gone by the wayside recently. As a result of this new commitment that Glenn and I have made, there have been a lot of discussions about what it means to be healthy, and how important is it to take care of our bodies because they are a gift from Heavenly Father. The other night, we had some steamed broccoli with our dinner. As I was cleaning up dinner, Stella informed me that she wanted to take some of the leftover broccoli to school the next day with her snack. The next evening, I asked Stella if she ate some broccoli for her snack. I couldn’t help but chuckle at her enthusiastic response, “Yes, I ate broccoli today. I’m getting healthy for Heavenly Father!”