Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Things That Go Bump In The Night

Stella: "What are those"? (pointing at the sky, as we lay on a blanket at the park today)
Mom: "Those are clouds. (pause) Stella, how many clouds do you see?"
Stella: "One..Two..Three..Four..Five..Six..Seven...."
Mom: "What comes after seven?"
Stella: "Eight..Nine..ten (in a really small voice)."
Yep, the little munchkin can count to ten. Man, are kids smart!

I am trying all sorts of things to get Stella to fall asleep on her own, so the 90 minute long routine of rocking and singing can come to an end. Tonight, Stella cried and cried. I was in the living room when I heard a thud come from our upstairs neighbors. I decided to sneak a peek at Stella. I had tip-toed down the hall and was just reaching for the door knob, when it started to move on its own. Stella had climbed (and fallen) out of her crib, and was on her way out of the bedroom. I am surprised it took her this long to decide to try this (she is two). I guess the remainder of the week will consist of adjusting Stella's crib to resemble a bed. This should be an interesting next few weeks, as we teach Stella to stay in her bed. I feel like it is an uphill battle, sometimes, to keep the tail from wagging the dog.

No comments: