Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Career Change

So I am considering a career change. My experience goes back to my first shower (before that, if parental accounts are to be believed). I am not horrible at it, though I could certainly be better. Also, this particular skill has been in much demand lately. Though I don’t get much of an opportunity to stretch my wings and try some variation with this new role, I figure if I just keep plugging away, sooner or later I will get better.
In an effort to help Stella conquer her fear of sitting on the potty, I went out and bought some ‘incentives’, just to get her to try and sit on the potty. Obviously, my negotiating skills leave much to be desired, as Stella never did sit on the potty, but still received her ‘surprise’. I am guessing that next time, I shouldn’t show her the prize as I am coaxing her onto the potty. The booty: a plastic Cinderella figurine, along with her Prince. Since then, these two characters dance together, hold hands, kiss, and sing to one another. Stella’s favorite activity, by far, is to have Cinderella dance with her Prince. Of course, one cannot dance with out the music to inspire. As a result of this need to dance, Stella has had me sing ‘Once Upon a Dream’ non-stop for the past couple of days. “Sing Dream”, she so sweetly requests. Of course I have to oblige if for no other reason than to just watch how sweetly she plays with these beloved friends of hers. I know, this particular song is actually featured in ‘Sleeping Beauty’. However, Stella seems to think this a more appropriate song, given the extremely romantic nature of the lyrics, as well as the music.
Stella often requests me to sing to her, but lately, this is the only song she cares to hear. Once in while she will bust out with the alphabet song (she can sing the entire thing solo), but it tends to throw off Cinderella’s rhythm, so we stick to the romance. While I love this unpaid internship that I am currently engaged in, I think I will stick to my day job. At least until the record deals start pouring in (though I suspect my stage fright would probably keep me from going too far down that road, anyway).

No comments: