Sunday, August 24, 2008

Bikes, Naps, & Chopsticks

This morning my friend Nancy and I took the kiddos on a bike ride into Walnut Creek. Nancy has a little boy named Jacob. He is just the sweetest little thing, and he and Stella have such a great time together. Anyway, they were so great, on the ride out. Checking out ducks, doggies, and one another, along the trail. We spent about an hour and a half at the park, and then headed back. The ride was about six miles each way, so it is quite a while sitting on the back of a bike. The were both great sports about having to be strapped down for an extended period of time. Stella was just starting to become pretty irritated that I couldn't hold her, when we were still few miles from home. After a few minutes of fussing, and right after Nancy asked me if Stella had ever fallen asleep in her bike seat, (to which I answered 'No') it got pretty quiet:




Jacob soon followed suit:

Later on, at dinner time, we decided (ok, really I was the only one who thought it would be fun) to eat dinner with chopsticks. Stella wasn't half bad, for a 2 year old white girl, who had no previous experience with chopsticks. She quickly figured out that she could skewer and eat her grapes with them (Glenn is totally posing in this one):






PS: I have to say that Nancy and I rock for hauling a couple of toddlers on a twelve mile bike ride!

No comments: