Friday, April 11, 2008

A Stella Sandwich

I just love babies. When I say babies, I include toddlers in that bunch. Actually, I just love kids in general, but babies are just plain sweet. Miss Stella has been showered with affection since she made her entrance into our family. It has been really sweet to see her become quite affectionate with me and Glenn. She often will see me and Glenn kissing and has to wander over and interrupt. She stands there, prying us apart with her little hands, and then reaches up to us, so we will pick her up, all the while repeating, “Hugs for Stella”. Once we have her in our arms, she takes turns kissing us both.
On the weekend, when we all sleep in together, she wakes us, and just wants to snuggle right in between us. If she were a cat, she would purr. That is just heaven for our little one, when the three of us are all together. I love that Glenn and I aren’t the only ones who truly appreciate the rare moments when the three of us are all together. Then there are the spontaneous moments when I will be reading to Stella, or Glenn is getting her dressed, or the three of us are just playing around together, and she will stop whatever she is doing, and pucker her little lips, and plant a delicious little kiss on one of our faces.
Sigh…. I love being Stella’s mom.

No comments: