Wednesday, April 9, 2008

She Found It!

I think you know what I mean by ‘it’. ‘It’ would be that lovely combination of plastic and silicone that we have previously referred to as ‘The Bink’. Remember my dread for the day when Stella would inevitably stumble across one, when we least expected it? Yeah, well, Stella and I were in her room a few nights ago, just engaging in our pre-bedtime routine of playing and reading books. She was standing over her basket of toys, when I watched her pause, and then promptly thrust her little arm down to the bottom only to retrieve ‘It’. With a rather impish grin, she immediately stuck It in her mouth, and turned around to look at me. I smiled and asked, “Now where did you find that?” In response, she runs to the other side of the room, to prevent me from removing It from her sweet little face. I just sat there, taking note of how odd it looked, as she has now grown into a full-fledged toddler, and hasn’t used one in weeks. I went to grab the camera, just to document her discovery. When I returned to the room and turned on the camera, she came right over, and offered her treasure in exchange for the camera (my ‘narcissistic’ daughter loves to look at pictures of her stored on our digital camera). I accepted her proposal and she sat on my lap as we scrolled through pictures, while I tucked what I am sure is just the first of many such findings, in to my pocket. That was that. I will post some pictures of the dreaded discovery when I get some time to upload them from my camera.



The recently estranged couple...

2 comments:

Kelly Jensen said...

Hey this is Kelly (Mark's wife) I am so glad that you found us!! I want to link you to my blog, is that OK?? Your daughter is beautiful! I really LOVE her name, Stella Jane-- perfect! I'll use the email...Tell Glen Hi!

Lisa Pereira said...

what a fun story. I have many of the same ones and it's true that once they're off, it looks silly when they find the bink. Stella's a doll! I think it's funny that you have a friend who's name is 3 boys and a girl and we're 3 girlies and a boy!