Thursday, March 20, 2008

Aw, Man....A Toddler!

Strong-willed. Independent. A bit stubborn. TANTRUMS. Sweet. Affectionate. Always moving. If it isn’t her idea, she doesn’t want much to do with it.

These are just a few of the descriptors for Stella these days. She is definitely going through that phase of separating herself, psychologically, from Mom and Dad. I gotta be honest. It really wears on me sometimes (mostly when I haven’t had much sleep). At the same time, I just wanna squeeze her, and shower kisses all over her face. What to do? Right now, we are not only trying to establish boundaries with Stella, but also learning to choose our battles. I didn’t think we would have to start this so soon, and yet, if we don’t, I think it will be more difficult for us to do this, later on.

Yeah, I think one kid is enough for right now. I do have to say, though, that Stella is still a pretty darn easy kid.

Words:

Bog = frog
Bippo = hippo
Bippo = Rhinoceros
Hey Babe! = mom
Steya = Stella
No? = no
Kee-cat = kitty cat
Poop = Pooh (Winnie the)
Pooter = computer

So darn cute!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Just wait till they turn 4 when they're not doing it because the books say they will and it's a necessary part of their little lives, but because they really want to see if they can get over on you~ 2 was hard but 4 really gets on my nerves. Gotta love 'em!