Friday, November 21, 2008

Stella's Dance Card

Yesterday, as I was going through some boxes of clothes to get rid of, Stella found a lavender satin nightie (never used - tags still attached) that I had received as a bridal shower gift. She holds it up and asks, "Is it a dress, Mom?" "Sure", I replied. "Can I wear it, Mom?" "Yes, you can wear it sweetie". "Thanks, Mom!". I put it on her, making sure it is secure around her, so it doesn't fall off. Once it is on, and she has had a chance to look at herself, she holds up both of her arms to me and asks, "You wanna dance, Mom?". "Of course", I told her. Then she asks me to sing 'Sleeping Beauty', better known to the rest of us as "Once Upon a Dream'. This is her current favorite thing to do: dancing to the Sleeping Beauty soundtrack (music/vocals provided by Yours Truly), complete with hand holding and lots of twirling. As I was making some breakfast this morning, Stella comes into the kitchen wearing said 'dress', while holding it up a little, so she can see her feet, and spin around in it, with out tripping. One of these days, I will walk in on Stella with her 'girlfriend' Glenny, sipping from plastic teacups and wearing hats that bring out the sparkle in their eyes.
Precious.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindsay said...

Oh come on, I want to see a picture of said dress! :)