Sunday, July 6, 2008

Sigh....

I think that few things are more touching than when a child does something without being prompted. Stella has yet to reach that stage where she'll say something just because we asked her to. In fact, while she will mimic what Glenn and I say, she will never, ever say something when I ask her to (please, thank you). Never. She just won't do it. She isn't defiant about it, she just sweetly ignores my request. Plus, she speaks about herself in the third person (very cute).
Like all of you parents out there, we tell our kiddo we love her all the time. Every day. Several times a day. Yesterday, Stella and I were sitting on the floor, reading some books, I think, and she looks up at me with those beautiful blue eyes and says oh-so-sweetly, "I love you." Aawww... A half hour later, "I love you." Aaaawwwww... I must have heard that four or five times yesterday.
Yes, I'm in love.

No comments: